Bid & Ask
M&A News: General Electric, Patrizia Immobilien, Lagardère, Bank of Shanghai, Banorte
2. Patrizia Immobilien is buying Bayerische Landesbank’s GBW (GWB:GR) unit, an apartment building owner, in a transaction that values GBW at $3.3 billion, including debt.
3. Paris-based media company Lagardère has unloaded its stake in EADS through a share sale valued at about $2.9 billion.
4. Bank of Shanghai, which counts HSBC Holdings (HBC) among its shareholders, plans to seek $2 billion in an initial public offering in Hong Kong, according to two people with knowledge of the matter.
5. Mexico’s No. 3 lender, Grupo Financiero Banorte (GFNORTEO:MM), hopes to raise about $2 billion through a share offering this year, say two people familiar with the plan.
6. Philanthropist and cosmetics mogul Leonard Lauder is donating 78 cubist artworks valued at $1 billion to New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. The gift includes 33 works by Picasso.
8. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is seeking as much as $540 million in an IPO after its owner, Blackstone Group (BX), rejected takeover bids for the theme park operator.
9. Australian surf wear maker Billabong International (BBG:AU) is in discussions with a group led by Sycamore Partners Management, which bid $300 million for the company.
10. Blackhawk Network Holdings, the gift-card provider owned by grocer Safeway (SWY), plans to raise as much as $220 million in an IPO.