Markets & Finance
M&A News: Airbus, China Cinda, Liberty Media, Rosetta Resources
1. Airbus (EAD:FP) won an order from Turkish Airlines (THYAO:TI) for 82 A320-series planes worth $9.3 billion at list prices, after selling 100 single-aisle jets to Deutsche Lufthansa (DLAKY) earlier in the same week.
2. China Cinda Asset Management, one of four funds China created in 1999 to buy bad debt from banks, plans to seek about $3 billion in a Hong Kong IPO, say two people familiar with the matter.
5. Pinnacle Foods, the Blackstone Group (BX)-owned maker of Hungry-Man dinners and Birds Eye frozen vegetables, filed to raise as much as $580 million in an IPO.
6. Japan’s biggest trading house, Mitsubishi, is buying Kirin Holdings’ domestic food flavoring unit, Kirin Kyowa Foods, for $321 million to expand in consumer businesses.
9. Blackhawk Network Holdings, a gift-card provider owned by Safeway (SWY), plans to raise as much as $200 million in an IPO, as consumers increase prepaid spending.
10. A collection of Princess Diana’s evening gowns fetched $1.2 million at auction. The one she wore while dancing with John Travolta at a White House dinner went to an anonymous bidder hoping to surprise his wife.