Markets & Fiance
M&A News: E.ON, GDF Suez, Ardagh Group, Swatch
1. E.ON (EOAN:GR) and GDF Suez (GSZ:FP) are selling their 49 percent holdings in Slovak energy company Slovensky Plynárensky Priemysel to Czech utility Energeticky a Prumyslovy Holding for $3.5 billion.
2. Luxembourg packaging business Ardagh Group will pay $1.7 billion for Saint-Gobain’s (SGO:FP) Verallia glass bottle and jar unit.
3. China’s largest biotech company, China National Biotec Group, is planning an IPO to raise about $1.5 billion in Hong Kong, according to two people with knowledge of the matter.
4. Russian state-owned uranium mining company ARMZ Uranium Holding plans to buy the shares it doesn’t own in Uranium One (UUU:CN) for $1.3 billion and take the company private.
6. Fiserv (FISV) is acquiring Open Solutions for $55 million and taking on $960 million in debt, as the check processor and cash machine provider seeks to bolster its products and services.
10. A 1792 nickel, thought to have been made from First Lady Martha Washington’s silverware, fetched $1.4 million at a Florida auction. The coin is among the first minted in the U.S.