Bid & Ask
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
2. Seeking to reverse a decline in its oil reserves, China Petroleum & Chemical (SNP) signed a preliminary deal with Total (TOT) to purchase stakes in Nigerian onshore oil properties for about $2.4 billion, say two people familiar with the deal.
3. RedPrairie, backed by private equity firm New Mountain Capital, will acquire JDA Software Group (JDAS) for $1.9 billion in a deal that will merge the two providers of corporate supply chain management software.
4. Canada’s Crescent Point Energy (CPG:CN) will pay $784 million for Ute Energy Upstream Holdings, which is 51 percent-owned by the Ute Indian Tribe.
5. U.K. insurer Prudential (PUK) is buying the life insurance business of Thanachart Bank for as much as $590 million.
7. Nike (NKE) is in final negotiations to sell its Cole Haan fashion brand to Apax Partners for about $500 million, according to a person familiar with the talks.
9. Inergy Midstream (NRGM) is paying $425 million for closely held Rangeland Energy in a deal that will give the company, based in Kansas City, Mo., access to North Dakota’s fast-growing Bakken field.