Bid & Ask
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
2. Japanese air conditioning company Daikin Industries (DKILY) paid $3.7 billion for Goodman Global to expand its home heating, ventilation, and cooling business in the U.S.
4. In a consolidation driven by harsh competition in the Southeast Asian metals market, Furukawa-Sky Aluminum agreed to take over Sumitomo Light Metal Industries for $2.5 billion.
5. Toyota Tsusho (TYHOY), the trading arm of Japan’s largest carmaker, purchased French auto- and drug-distributor CFAO for $2 billion in the hopes of expanding its business in Africa.
7. Private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice paid $1 billion for low-end wedding retailer David’s Bridal, purchasing the chain from another private equity firm.
9. Samsung Electronics bought a $631 million equity stake in ASML Holding (ASML), Europe’s largest chip-fabrication equipment maker. The deal includes a co-investment program meant to speed development of new, smaller chips.
10. KO Godfather G31, an Angus bull, fetched $110,000 in a stud auction. The price set an Australian record for the breed.