Markets & Finance
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
4. Hawker Beechcraft, the bankrupt business jet maker owned by Goldman Sachs Group (GS) and Onex (OCX:CN), may draw more auction bids after agreeing to sell itself to Superior Aviation Beijing for $1.8 billion.
5. The world’s largest soupmaker, Campbell Soup (CPB), will pay about $1.6 billion for California-based Bolthouse Farms to bolster its juice business.
8. DiamondRock Hospitality (DRH) agreed to acquire a portfolio of four hotels, including the Hilton Boston and the Westin Washington D.C., from affiliates of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VI (BX) for $495 million.
9. Aiming to repay debt, Fender Musical Instruments, the No. 1 seller of guitars in the U.S., filed to raise as much as $161 million in an IPO.
10. India paid a reported $1.1 million for a collection of letters, papers, photos, and artifacts relating to Mahatma Gandhi. The archive was formerly owned by the architect Hermann Kallenbach, a close friend of Gandhi’s.