Markets & Finance
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
2. Yahoo! (YHOO) plans to sell half of its 40 percent stake in Alibaba Group, China’s largest e-commerce site, back to the company for $7.1 billion.
3. Barclays (BCS) is selling its entire $6.1 billion stake in the fund manager BlackRock (BLK) before new banking regulations take effect that would require the bank to set aside capital against the holding.
4. Dialysis provider DaVita (DVA) agreed to pay $4.4 billion for HealthCare Partners, which manages medical groups and physician networks.
5. SAP (SAP), the largest maker of enterprise software, expanded its cloud computing offerings with its $4.3 billion purchase of Ariba (ARBA), an online commerce platform for businesses to trade goods and services.
6. Formula One is planning to raise as much as $3 billion in an initial public offering in Singapore, three people with knowledge of the matter said.
7. China’s largest entertainment conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group, agreed to buy AMC Entertainment Holdings for $2.6 billion in a deal that creates the world’s largest cinema chain.
8. Private equity firm Blackstone Group (BX) plans to buy the Motel 6 chain from European hotel operator Accor (AC:FP) for $1.9 billion. The deal includes 1,102 Motel 6 and Studio 6 extended-stay hotels in North America.
9. Benihana (BNHN) is selling itself to the private equity unit of Angelo, Gordon & Co. for about $296 million. Benihana runs 95 Japanese-themed restaurants in the U.S., including the RA Sushi and Haru chains.
10. A torch used to carry the Olympic flame to London in May sold for $238,000 on EBay (EBAY) to benefit a British charity.