Bid & Ask
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
1. Nestlé (NESN:VX) will pay $11.9 billion for Pfizer’s (PFE) infant-nutrition unit and may sell as much as $1.8 billion of the assets to address antitrust concerns in countries including Mexico, say people with knowledge of the matter.
2. Russia’s No. 2 mobile-phone operator, MegaFon, will pay owners TeliaSonera, AF Telecom, and Altimo $5.2 billion in dividends and pursue an IPO in London.
3. Banco BTG Pactual, led by Brazilian billionaire André Esteves, raised almost $2 billion in the biggest IPO for an investment bank in two years.
4. Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) is acquiring African oil explorer Cove Energy for $1.8 billion to secure a stake in gas fields discovered off Mozambique.
6. London Heathrow Airport owner BAA is selling its Edinburgh terminal to U.S. buyout firm Global Infrastructure Partners for $1.3 billion after antitrust regulators ordered a breakup.
7. Thomson Reuters (TRI) will sell its healthcare unit, which provides data and analytic services to hospitals and health-care providers, to an affiliate of Veritas Capital for $1.3 billion in cash.
8. Amgen (AMGN) is buying closely held Mustafa Nevzat Pharmaceuticals for almost $700 million to expand in Turkey, where economic growth is boosting demand for medicines.
9. Illinois-based Beam (BEAM) will purchase the Pinnacle Vodka and Calico Jack rum brands from White Rock Distilleries for $605 million to expand in the fast-growing spirits business.