Bid & Ask
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
2. CVC Capital Partners, the buyout firm that owns Formula One, is paying $2.4 billion for Stockholm-based Ahlsell to expand into the wholesale supply of tools, machinery, and building products.
3. Blackstone Group (BX) will invest $2 billion in a $10 billion natural gas liquefication plant being planned by Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), operator of the largest U.S. natural-gas-import terminal.
8. Motorola Solutions (MSI), which split in two a year ago following pressure from investors led by Carl Icahn, repurchased $1.2 billion of its stock from the billionaire investor and some of his affiliates.
9. Boston Properties (BXP) is buying Bank of America’s (BAC) skyscraper at 100 Federal St. in Boston for $615 million, adding to a portfolio that includes the John Hancock Tower and Prudential Center.
10. A collection of 15 Oscar statuettes sold for more than $3 million at auction. The Best Original Screenplay Oscar won by Herman Mankiewicz for Citizen Kane fetched $588,000.