RealD and THE SPACE CINEMA Announce Extended Agreement Including Additional 40 RealD Cinema System Installations

  RealD and THE SPACE CINEMA Announce Extended Agreement Including Additional
  40 RealD Cinema System Installations

    RealD 3D Installations to Total More Than 140 Across THE SPACE CINEMA

Business Wire

ROME & LONDON -- May 12, 2014

Global 3D and visual technology company RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) and leading
Italian theatrical exhibitor, THE SPACE CINEMA, announced today an extended
agreement to install an additional 40 RealD 3D Cinema Systems at THE SPACE
CINEMA locations throughout Italy.When combined with the approximately 100
RealD 3D equipped THE SPACE CINEMA auditoriums today, the number of RealD 3D
installations across THE SPACE CINEMA locations willbeintotal more than
140. New RealD Cinema System installations have begun and are expected to be
completed by this summer.

“This agreement highlights our ongoing commitment to the Italian market,” said
Karina Neill, Director of Cinema, EMEA of RealD Europe. “We’re excited that
our collaboration with THE SPACE CINEMA continues to grow, and look forward to
bringing our premium 3D experience to their passionate audiences.”

Donato Cupertino, Director of Operations of THE SPACE CINEMA, added, “We are
delighted to extend our relationship with RealD, and expand its technologies
across the circuit. As one of the leaders of a burgeoning and competitive
Italian market, the ability to offer the very best movie-going experience to
ourfilmgoersis absolutely paramount, and this is precisely what this
extended deal, and RealD itself, provides.”

The world’s most widely used 3D cinema technology, RealD 3D is installed in
approximately 475 auditoriums by leading exhibitors in Italy and in more than
25,000 auditoriums by approximately 1,000 exhibitors in 74 countries around
the world.

About RealD Inc.

RealD is a leading global licensor of 3D and other visual technologies.
RealD’s extensive intellectual property portfolio is used in applications that
enable a premium viewing experience in the theater, the home and elsewhere.
RealD licenses its RealD Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show
3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content. RealD also provides its RealD
Display, active and passive eyewear, and RealD Format technologies to consumer
electronics manufacturers, content producers and distributors to enable the
delivery and viewing of 3D and other premium content on a variety of visual
displays and devices.

RealD was founded in 2003 and has offices in Beverly Hills, California;
Boulder, Colorado; London, United Kingdom; Moscow, Russia; Shanghai, China;
Hong Kong; Tokyo, Japan; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For more information,
please visit our website at


THE SPACE CINEMA is the result from the merger of Warner Village Cinema and
Medusa. The Space Cinema is owned by 21 Investments - Private equity firm led
by Alessandro Benetton – (51%) and by Mediaset RTI (for the remaining 49%).
The Space Cinema, the leading cinematographic chain in Italy, focuses its work
on the viewer to whom it offers excellence both in terms of quality of
facilities and supply of exclusive contents. For this reason, in 2012 The
Space Extra was born: a show schedule of special contents dedicated to
culture, music, science, sports, entertainment and art. In 2014 The Space
Cinema also launched The Space Movies, its new brand devoted to film

Cautionary note on forward-looking statements

This press release includes forward-looking information and statements,
including but not limited to: statements concerning the anticipated rollout of
RealD 3D technology across THE SPACE CINEMA auditoriums and the growth of the
3D cinema industry. These statements are based on RealD’s current expectations
and beliefs, as well as a number of assumptions concerning future events. Such
forward-looking statements are subject to known and unknown risks,
uncertainties, assumptions and other important factors, many of which are
outside RealD’s control that could cause actual results to differ materially
from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements. RealD’s annual
and quarterly reports include a more detailed discussion of the risks and
uncertainties that may cause that could cause actual results to differ
materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements.

RealD undertakes no obligation to update publicly the information contained in
this press release, or any forward-looking statements, to reflect new
information, events or circumstances after the date they were made, or to
reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.


Rick Heineman, 310-385-4020
42 West
Anna Miller, 646-467-9054
Addo Communications for RealD
Andrew Greenebaum / Laura Bainbridge
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.