Copper Mountain mine achieved record first quarter copper production

 Copper Mountain mine achieved record first quarter copper production  Web Site: TSX: CUM  VANCOUVER, April 9, 2014 /CNW/ - Copper Mountain Mining Corporation (TSX: CUM)  (the "Company" or "Copper Mountain") announces production results for the  first quarter of 2014 from the Copper Mountain mine located in southern  British Columbia.  In the first three months of 2014 the mine shipped 39,000 wmt of concentrate,  an increase of 9% over the prior quarter.  The shipments contained  approximately 19.7 million pounds of copper, 6,500 ounces of gold, and 98,600  ounces of silver generating an estimated $69.6 million in gross revenue.  Copper production for the first quarter of 2014 totaled 19.1 million pounds of  copper, a 34% increase as compared to the first quarter of 2013, setting a new  production record for the mine.  The concentrate also included 5,400 ounces of  gold and 105,300 ounces of silver.  During the quarter the mill processed a  total of 2.6 million tonnes of ore at an average grade of 0.394 % Copper.  SAG Mill throughput was improved during the quarter as a result of adding the  third portable crusher late last year.  Copper production during the quarter  was in line with guidance, despite some unscheduled down time in March  resulting from a ball mill transformer failure.  Mill crews completed repairs  in a timely manner.  During the quarter the mill averaged 91% availability.  Mining activities continued to shift more towards Pit 3 during the quarter and  mining in the Pit 2 area shifted more towards the southwest end of the Pit.   During the quarter a total of 13.6 million tonnes of material was mined,  including 4.1 million tonnes of ore and 9.5 million tonnes of waste. The  projected life of mine strip ratio is 2 to 1 but higher in the early years.   The mine moved an average of approximately 160,000 tonnes of material per day.  Conference Call Details: The Company will release its first quarter 2014  financial and operational results before market hours on Friday May 2nd, 2014.   A conference call and audio webcast will follow that same morning at 7:30 am  (Pacific Standard Time) for management to discuss the results.  This  discussion will be followed by a question-and-answer period with investors.  Live Dial-in information Toronto and international: 416-764-8688 North America  (toll-free):  888-390-0546 To participate in the webcast live via your  computer go to:  Replay call information Toronto and international: 416-764-8677,  passcode   559428 North America (toll-free): 888-390-0541,  passcode  559428 The  conference call replay will be available from 10:30  am (PST) on May 2(nd) ,  2014, until 11:59 pm PST on May 8(th), 2014 Participant audio webcast will  also be available on the company's website  About Copper Mountain Mining Corporation: Copper Mountain's flagship asset is  the 75% owned Copper Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia near  the town of Princeton. The Company has a strategic alliance with Mitsubishi  Materials Corporation who own the remaining 25%. The Copper Mountain mine  commenced production in the summer of 2011, and has continued to improve its  operations during the year; and attained design capacity in the summer of  2012. The 18,000 acre site has a resource of approximately 5 billion pounds of  copper and remains open laterally and at depth. The mine has significant  exploration potential that will need to be explored over the next few years to  fully appreciate the properties full development potential.  Additional  information is available on the Company's web page at  On behalf of the Board of COPPER MOUNTAIN MINING CORPORATION  "Jim O'Rourke"  Jim O'Rourke, P.Eng. Chief Executive Officer   Note:  This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and  uncertainties.  These statements may differ materially from actual future  events or results.  Readers are referred to the documents, filed by the  Company on SEDAR at, specifically the most recent reports which  identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from  those contained in the forward-looking statements.  The Company undertakes no  obligation to review or confirm analysts' expectations or estimates or to  release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statement.    SOURCE  Copper Mountain Mining Corporation  Galina Meleger, Corporate Communications, 604-682-2992 ext.224, Email: Galina; or Rod Shier, Chief Financial Officer, 604-682-2992 ext.222,  Email:; Website:  To view this news release in HTML formatting, please use the following URL:  CO: Copper Mountain Mining Corporation ST: British Columbia NI: MNG CONF  
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.