CASBAA Kicks Off 2014 with Philippines in View Hong Kong, Dec 2, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - CASBAA will kick off 2014 with its first event of the New Year, Philippines in View, taking place on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at the Edsa Shangri-La in Manila. "We are happy to be starting off the New Year in the Philippines, one of the most dynamic markets in the Southeast Asian media landscape," said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. "The country offers vast potential for growth for the multichannel TV industry and CASBAA has lined-up an impressive roster of speakers and guests to examine the business of pay TV in the Philippines." With 2.9 million non-terrestrial television connections accounting for 20% of total TV households and people meter audience data recording monthly reach at 24% of all people and 44% of affluent audiences, the multichannel TV market in the Philippines is poised for rapid expansion. However, tempering this potential, what are the possible hurdles that could impede further development of the broadcasting industry in the country? Top level speakers and panelists from across all sectors of the multichannel TV industry will be on hand to unearth the pitfalls and challenges of doing business in the Philippines while examining how best to take advantage of the opportunities that are present in the market. Representing government, networks, platforms, technology and research, industry experts will delve into the state of the market in the country and explore the future of multichannel TV, regulations, content and advertising through a series of keynotes, panel discussions and conversations. Additionally, 15% of all proceeds from Philippines in View will be donated to the Philippines rebuilding effort following the devastation wrought by typhoon Haiyan recently. Also available at the event will be CASBAA's proprietary Philippines in View country report detailing the overall Philippines TV market including pay TV and free to air and information on technology, advertising and regulatory issues. Free for CASBAA members, Philippines in View will be available for purchase for non-members at www.casbaa.com/publications. For more information about Philippines in View and to register for tickets, please visit www.casbaa.com/events/events-calendar/details/437-philippine-in-view. About CASBAA Established in 1991, CASBAA is the Association for digital multichannel TV, content, platforms, advertising and video delivery across geographic markets throughout the Asia-Pacific. CASBAA and its members reach nearly 470 million connections within a regional footprint ranging from China to Australasia, Japan to Pakistan. The CASBAA mission is to promote the growth of multichannel TV and video content via industry information, networking exchanges and events while promoting global best practices. To view the full list of CASBAA members, and more information, please visit www.casbaa.com . CASBAA Desmond Chung Associate Director, PR & Communications, CASBAA Tel: +852-3929-1712 Email: email@example.com Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. Provider ID: 00014990
CASBAA Kicks Off 2014 with Philippines in View
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.