2013 third-quarter sales. +33% like-for-like
PR Newswire/Les Echos/
2013 third-quarter sales + 33% like-for-like
In the 2013 third quarter, like-for-like sales rose 33% to EUR 74.2 million, driven by continuing strong growth of Montblanc (+48%) and Jimmy Choo (+47%) fragrances and successful launches of Repetto and Boucheron Place Vendôme.
For the first nine months, like-for-like sales rose in consequence 20% to EUR194 million. Total sales for the first nine months came to EUR 292.7 million.
Q3 9 months Change MEUR 2012 2013 2012 2013 13/12 Lanvin 15.5 16.1 45.0 50.0 +11% Montblanc 13.2 19.5 35.2 47.8 +36% Jimmy Choo 11.5 16.9 30.2 44.1 +46% Van Cleef & Arpels 3.7 4.5 13.2 14.2 +7% Boucheron 3.3 6.4 13.2 12.3 -6% S.T. Dupont 3.1 2.4 11.8 8.4 -29% Paul Smith 3.5 3.4 8.7 7.7 -12% Repetto (4 months in 2013) - 4.1 - 6.3 ns Other 1.8 0.9 3.9 3.0 ns Recurring sales 55.6 74.2 161.3 193.8 +20% Burberry 63.3 - 166.6 98.9 ns Total sales 118.9 74.2 327.8 292.7 -11%
ns: not significant
Nine-month highlights by brand
* Lanvin fragrances maintained double-digit growth (+ 11%) on continuing gains by the Éclat d'Arpège (+ 14%) line, steady sales by the Jeanne Lanvin and Marry Me ! lines and the launch of Lanvin Me in the spring of last year;
*With sales of nearly EUR48 million, Montblanc fragrances posted strong growth (+36%), confirming the considerable success of the men's line Legend, launched in 2011 and now the Group's top-selling line;
* Jimmy Choo fragrances also registered strong sales (+46%), now based on two women's' lines, Jimmy Choo and Flash, launched early in the year;
* The excellent start for the Rêve line and good performances by the First and Collection Extraordinaire lines positively contributed to Van Cleef & Arpels fragrances' renewed growth (+7%);
* Boucheron fragrances achieved sales of EUR12 million, originating mainly from the fall launch of the Place Vendôme line;
* Finally, Repetto fragrances largely exceeded expectations with sales of EUR6 million in four months, reflecting an excellent start in several markets in Europe, particularly in France, and in Asia.
Nine-month highlights by region
With 20% to 30% growth in each region, the portfolio's development has been particularly sustained in North America, France, Western Europe and Asia with noteworthy successes by Montblanc, Jimmy Choo and Repetto fragrances.
Paris, October 24, 2013
Philippe Benacin, Chairman and CEO commented:
"The change in the Group's organization has balanced our brand portfolio and created a new spirit of team competition. The launches of the Repetto and Boucheron Place Vendôme lines clearly benefited from this strong momentum that has thus positively contributed to our accelerating growth over the last several months. On that basis, full-year sales may exceed EUR335 million for 2013."
Upcoming events: Publication of detailed 2014 targets Actionaria trade show, Paris November 19, 2013 (before the opening of trading) November 22 & 23, 2013
Shareholder information Interparfums Investor Relations and Analysts Contact Tel.: +33 1 53 77 00 99 Philippe Santi +33 1 53 77 00 00 -
Media relations Cyril Levy-Pey +33 6 08 46 41 41 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Codes: Reuters IPAR.PA, Bloomberg ITP, ISIN FR0004024222-ITP Indexes: CAC Mid & Small
The content and accuracy of news releases published on this site and/or distributed by PR Newswire or its partners are the sole responsibility of the originating company or organisation. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our services, such releases are not actively monitored or reviewed by PR Newswire or its partners and under no circumstances shall PR Newswire or its partners be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the use of such information. All information should be checked prior to publication.
-0- Oct/24/2013 08:18 GMT