Getinge Group Interim Report January-September 2013
GETINGE, Sweden -- October 15, 2013
Getinge Group (STO:GETIB):
Reporting period January – September
· Order intake rose by 3.9% to SEK 18,464 M (17,767), and grew organically by
· Net sales increased by 6.7% to SEK 17,530 M (16,433), and grew organically
· Profit before tax declined by 27.4% to SEK 1,445 M (1,989)
· Net profit declined by 28.3% to SEK 1,055 M (1,472)
· Earnings per share declined by 28.5% to SEK 4.40 (6.15)
· EBITA before restructuring declined by 7.0% to 2,704 M (2,906). Adjusted for
exchange-rate effects and the Medical Device Tax introduced in the US, EBITA
rose by 4.6%
Reporting period July - September
· Orders received rose by 4.2% to SEK 5,981 M (5,742), and grew organically by
· Net sales increased by 5.0% to SEK 5,850 M (5,574), and grew organically by
· Profit before tax declined by 19.3% to SEK 568 M (704).
· EBITA before restructuring declined by 12.2% to SEK 907 M (1,033). Adjusted
for exchange-rate effects and the Medical Device Tax introduced in the US,
EBITA declined by 4.5%
· Strong cash flow during the quarter
· Getinge’s head office relocates to Gothenburg 2014
Third quarter 2013
The third quarter was disappointing in terms of earnings. The improvement in
volume growth that was seen in both the order intake and invoicing did not
have the impact on earnings that was forecast, primarily due to unfavourable
market and product mix, in addition to the challenging exchange-rate scenario.
The Group will intensify its ongoing work to realise the significant
efficiency potential found within the Group.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander
15 October 2013 at 15:00 pm Swedish time
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 5033 6538
UK: +44 (0) 20 3427 1912
US: +1212444 0896
GETINGE GROUP is a leading global provider of products and systems that
contribute to quality enhancement and cost efficiency within healthcare and
life sciences. We operate under the three brands of ArjoHuntleigh, GETINGE and
MAQUET. ArjoHuntleigh focuses on patient mobility and wound management
solutions. GETINGE provides solutions for infection control within healthcare
and contamination prevention within life sciences. MAQUET specializes in
solutions, therapies and products for surgical interventions, interventional
cardiology and intensive care.
The information is such that Getinge AB must disclose in accordance with the
Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
+46 10 335 00 00
Group Communications Director
+46 10 335 58 10
+46 10 335 58 10
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.