Johnson Controls' Top Automotive Suppliers Recognized During North American
Interiors Expectations and Awards Ceremony
Leading suppliers awarded for outstanding performance in 2013
HOLLAND, Mich., Sept. 27, 2013
HOLLAND, Mich., Sept. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Sixteen automotive suppliers
were honored by Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the building
and automotive industries, for their leadership and commitment to Johnson
Controls' Automotive Experience at the company's North American Interiors
Expectations and Awards ceremony. The event was held yesterday at the
company's Edgar D. Prince Technical Center in Holland, Mich.
"Recognizing our suppliers for their commitment to quality and outstanding
performance is important to Johnson Controls," said James Bos, vice president,
Purchasing, Automotive Interiors. "Our success as a global automotive leader
would not be possible without their continued support."
Johnson Controls' North American Interiors Awards are presented for top
performance in the following key business areas: quality; cost; logistics;
development; technology; and service. This year, a commitment to excellence by
the company's supply base was recognized on four levels – platinum, gold,
silver and bronze.
Recipients of the Platinum 2013 Interiors Awards were:
• Termax Corp. Lake Zurich, Ill.
• Automatic Spring Products Corp. Grand Haven, Mich.
• E & E Manufacturing Plymouth, Mich.
The Gold 2013 Interiors Awards recipients were:
• Unique Fabricating Auburn Hills, Mich.
• Everwill Industries Ltd. Toronto, Canada
Silver 2013 Interiors Awards recipients were:
• Burnex Corp. Ringwood, Ill.
• EDS Manufacturing Inc. Nogales, Ariz.
Supplier companies recognized with Bronze 2013 Interiors Awards were:
• Oji Intertech Auburn Hills, Mich.
• HR Technologies Madison Heights, Mich.
• Acoustek Nonwovens Statesville, N.C.
• AKKO Fasteners Inc. Blue Ash, Ohio
• The Oakwood Group Dearborn, Mich.
• Keen Point International Inc. Auburn Hills, Mich.
• Lakeland Finishing Grand Rapids, Mich.
In addition, Johnson Controls officials presented four leadership awards in
the following areas:
• Continuous Improvement – Everwill Industries Ltd., Toronto, Canada
• Global Growth – Styron LLC, Gales Ferry, Conn.
• Customer Satisfaction – Sage Automotive Interiors, Greenville, S.C.
• Quality Leadership – Termax Corp., Lake Zurich, Ill.
About Johnson Controls:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader
serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 168,000 employees create
quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational
efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced
batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for
automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885,
with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth
strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value
to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2013, Corporate
Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #14 company in its
annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please
Johnson Controls Automotive Experience:
Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems,
door and instrument panels, and interior electronics. We support all major
automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through our products,
technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With 240 locations
worldwide, we are where our customers need us to be. Consumers have enjoyed
the comfort and style of our products, from single components to complete
interiors. With our global capability we supply approximately 50 million cars
SOURCE Johnson Controls
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.