Johnson Controls' leading automotive suppliers honored at 18th annual North
American Supplier Performance Awards ceremony
Top-performing auto suppliers acknowledged for commitment to excellence in
PLYMOUTH, Mich., Sept. 19, 2013
PLYMOUTH, Mich., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Twenty-four automotive
suppliers were honored by Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in
the building and automotive industries, for their leadership and commitment to
the Automotive Seating business at the company's 18^th annual North American
Supplier Performance Awards ceremony. The event was held recently in Plymouth,
"Our suppliers worked alongside us throughout the year, sharing a commitment
to excellence and exceeding expectations," said Kelly Bysouth, group vice
president, global purchasing, Automotive Seating. "We're pleased to recognize
suppliers that continue to achieve award status year over year, which proves
their dedication to our joint success. In addition, there are some new names
on the list as well as a leadership award for Global Growth – a category that
wasn't recognized in 2012."
Johnson Controls' North American Supplier Performance Awards are presented for
top performance in the following areas: quality, cost, logistics, development,
technology and service. This year, outstanding performance by the company's
supply base was recognized on four levels – platinum, gold, silver and bronze.
Recipients of the Platinum 2013 Supplier Performance Award were:
- Automatic Spring Products Inc. Grand Haven,
- E & E Manufacturing Plymouth, Mich.
- Kenwal Steel Corp. Dearborn, Mich.
The Gold 2013 Supplier Performance Award recipients were:
- Global Enterprises Huntington Woods, Mich.
Silver 2013 Supplier Performance Award recipients were:
- Bayer Material Science Leverkusen, Germany
- BILSTEIN Hagen, Germany
- Continental Midland Park Forest, Ill.
- Dow Automotive Systems Auburn Hills, Mich.
- EDS Manufacturing Inc. Nogales, Ariz.
- Grand Rapids Controls Co. LLC Rockford, Mich.
- Greenfield Research Greenfield, Ohio
- JSP International, LLC Wayne, Pa.
- LG Hausys America, Inc. Seoul, Korea
- Petoskey Plastics Petoskey, Mich.
- Clemmons, N.C.
- Unique Fabricating Auburn Hills, Mich.
Supplier companies recognized with a Bronze 2013 Supplier Performance Award were:
- Akko Fasteners Inc. Cincinnati,
- Alex Products Ridgeville Corners,
- ASMO Manufacturing, Inc. Battle Creek, Mich.
- Leggett & Platt Carthage, Mo.
- Royal Technologies Hudsonville, Mich.
- West Michigan Molding, Inc. Grand Haven, Mich.
- Williamston Products, Inc. Williamston, Mich.
In addition, Johnson Controls officials presented four leadership awards in
the following areas:
- Sustainability – Petoskey Plastics, Petoskey, Mich.
- Customer Satisfaction – Beach Mold & Tool, New Albany, Ind.
- Continuous Improvement – Global Enterprises, Huntington Woods, Mich.
- Global Growth – E & E Manufacturing, Plymouth, Mich.
About Johnson Controls:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader
serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 168,000 employees create
quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational
efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced
batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for
automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885,
with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth
strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value
to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2013, Corporate
Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #14 company in its
annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please
About Johnson Controls Automotive Experience:
Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems,
door and instrument panels, and interior electronics. We support all major
automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through our products,
technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With 240 locations
worldwide, we are where our customers need us to be. Consumers have enjoyed
the comfort and style of our products, from single components to complete
interiors. With our global capability, we supply approximately 50 million cars
SOURCE Johnson Controls
Contact: Mary Kay Dodero, 734-254-7704, email@example.com
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.