Prestigious annual ranking showcases the most influential Canadian women by
TORONTO, Sept. 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Women of Influence today announced the 2013
ranking of its Top 25 Women of Influence. Now in its third year, the ranking
is designed to celebrate and showcase the achievements of the most influential
Canadian women in business, health, non-government organizations, professional
services, and the public sector over the course of the last year.
These women have not only made a significant difference in their chosen fields
but they are exceptionally influential. This is an important criterion because
such women also serve as important role models for Canadian women and girls.
The Top 25 includes women from many backgrounds, educational levels, skill
sets, personality types, sectors, professions, regions and interests. Some
extend influence across Canada, across a sector or internationally. Some have
been celebrated leaders for many years and are already well known.
The women who made this year's ranking are not judged or selected based on
accomplishment alone, but on the sheer size of their reach and influence over
the last 12 months. Candidates are selected based on previous award
recognitions and asked to complete a questionnaire about their work including:
presence on boards, number of employees managed, funds raised, business deals
initiated/led, and published work.
"Women of Influence is driving an important cultural shift in the workplace by
celebrating these exceptional 25 women. Women of Influence is dedicated to the
advancement of professional women across North America," explained Carolyn
Lawrence, President and CEO of Women of Influence. "This includes celebrating
the accomplishments of this year's Top 25 Women of Influence who are driving
an important culture shift in the workplace by acting as role models for women
in every sector and at every stage of their careers."
All 25 women will be profiled in the winter issue of Women of Influence
magazine, with the public selecting the five women who will appear on its
cover via online voting at
http://www.womenofinfluence.ca/top-25-cover-contest/ from September 12(th) -
September 18(th). In honor and celebration of the Top25 WOI, we will be
shining the light and giving them the profile they deserve at the following
-- Release of the social media campaign on September 12(th)
-- Cisco magazine launch party: To unite the Top25 women of
Influence, their mentees, their champions and the media on
November 20, 2013
-- Special winter issue Women of Influence magazine profiling the
Top25 winners: On sale November 21(st)
-- Deloitte Women of Influence Luncheon: The December 3 luncheon
to celebrate the Top25 winners and speaker Kirstine Stewart,
President of Twitter Canada who was a past Top25 winner.
Below is a summary of this year's Top 25 Women of Influence by category:
1. Rosemary McCarney, President and CEO, Plan Canada
2. Annette Bergeron, P.Eng. President, Professional Engineers Ontario
3. Mitzie Hunter, CEO, The Greater Toronto Civic Action Alliance -
4. Claudia Hepburn, Executive Director, The Next 36
5. Janice O'Born, Chairman, The Printing House Charitable Office
1. Karen Sheriff, President and CEO, Bell Aliant Regional
2. Kimberley Mason, Regional President, Atlantic Provinces, RBC Royal
3. Tracy Redies, President and Chief Executive Officer, Coast Capital
Savings Credit Union
4. Sue Paish, President and CEO, LifeLabs Medical Laboratories Inc.
5. Amiee Chan, President & CEO, Norsat International Inc.
1. Wendy Cukier, Vice President Research and Innovation and Founder
and Director, Diversity Institute, Ryerson University
2. Ann Buller, President and CEO, Centennial College
3. Janice MacKinnon, Professor/Doctor, University of Saskatchewan
4. Beatrix Dart, Associate Dean, Executive Degree Programs, Rotman
School of Management, University of Toronto
5. Deb Matthews, Member of Provincial Parliament for London North
Centre, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, Deputy Premier of
Ontario, Legislative Assembly of Ontario
1. Cheryl Reicin, Partner, Torys LLP
2. Sharon Geraghty, Partner, Torys LLP
3. Beth Wilson, Managing Partner, GTA and Canadian Managing Partner,
Community Leadership KPMG LLP
4. Jane Allen, Partner, Chief Diversity Officer, Global Renewable
Energy Leader, Deloitte
5. Evelyn Jacks, President, Knowledge Bureau
1. Janet Rossant, Chief of Research & Senior Scientist, The Hospital
for Sick Children
2. Christine Power, President and CEO, Capital District Health
3. Daniela Crivianu-Gaita, VP IMT & CIO, The Hospital for Sick
4. Marla Shapiro, Associate Professor, Medical Consultant CTV News,
Medical Contributor Canada AM, Marla Shapiro Inc.
5. Connie Clerici, President & Chief Executive Officer, Closing the
Gap Healthcare Group
About Women of Influence
Women of Influence Inc. is North America's leading organization dedicated to
the professional advancement of women. It offers solutions to women through
corporate consulting on Gender Intelligence, professional coaching, events,
and media. It produces and hosts the renowned Deloitte Women of Influence
Luncheon Series, RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards and the Top 25 Women
of Influence, in addition to the publishing the Women of Influence quarterly
magazine. Women of Influence has a community and reach of 120,000 in nine
cities across North American including Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Waterloo,
Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, New York City, and Washington, DC. For more
information, please visit www.womenofinfluence.ca.
SOURCE Women of Influence Inc.
or for interview requests, please contact:
Shruthi Seshadri Media Assistant at Women of Influence Inc. 416-923-1688
To view this news release in HTML formatting, please use the following URL:
CO: Women of Influence Inc.
NI: ENT WNEWS
-0- Sep/12/2013 14:35 GMT
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.