Business Collaboration between Shinkin Central Bank and Mitsubis
Business Collaboration between Shinkin Central Bank and Mitsubishi Corporation
Tokyo, July 30, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - Shinkin Central Bank (SCB) and Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) have decided to collaborate together in the following four fields: "support for local enterprises", "financial business (investment)", "support for recovery in Tohoku region" and "human resource development and exchange". These cooperative efforts aim to contribute to local economic vitalization in Japan and acquire good investment opportunities both in Japan and overseas.
Through this partnership, as the central bank of Japan's 271 shinkin banks, SCB's strong relationship with local communities and access to local retail networks are expected to further integrate MC's experience and global network in a wide range of business areas.
Support for Local Enterprises
- The collaboration between SCB's local partners and MC Group companies is expected to provide solutions to help small and medium-sized companies rooted in the local economy cut costs and expand their markets. - Valuable information sources from SCB's strong relationship with local communities and MC's global network are expected to help local enterprises develop overseas business by arranging seminars and site visits.
Financial Business (investment)
- Through this collaboration, SCB and MC are going to implement step-by-step investments which focus on real asset areas such as real estate, transportation/shipping and infrastructure/energy. In addition, SCB is going to support local credit unions to participate in the financial side of regional infrastructure projects as a lead arranger.
Support for recovery in Tohoku region
- Strengthened financial support will be provided to small and medium-sized companies affected in the Great East Japan Earthquake. - Matching the use of MC's retail functions with SCB's broad local network is also expected to contribute to recovery in the Tohoku region.
Human Resource Development and Exchange
- Exchange of talented persons in the above fields is expected to provide know-how on a mutual basis.
(1) Company profile of Shinkin Central Bank Name: Shinkin Central Bank (SCB) Representative: Mitsuo Tanabe, President and CEO Location: 3-7, Yaesu 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 103-0028, Japan Date of Establishment: 1950 Business: As the central bank of Japan's 270 shinkin banks and independent financial institution, SCB provides support for shinkin banks' financial services, activities in support of regional development and the management of small and medium- sized businesses, and over-the-counter sales of investment trust fund products. Total Assets: 30,185 billion JPY (as of March 31, 2013) Number of Employees: 1,171 employees (as of March 31, 2013)
(2) Company profile of Mitsubishi Corporation
Name: Mitsubishi Corporation Representative: Ken Kobayashi, President and CEO Location: 3-1, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8086, Japan Date of Establishment: 1950 Business: Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) has seven business groups which develop operations in a diverse variety of fields including Industrial Finance, Logistics & Development; Energy; Metals; Machinery; Chemicals; Living Essentials; and Global Environment & Infrastructure. In addition to these business groups, MC has a business service group. Capital: 204 billion JPY (as of March 31, 2013) Number of Employees: 65,975 employees (as of March 31, 2013)
About Mitsubishi Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation (MC; TSE: 8058) is a global integrated business enterprise that develops and operates businesses across virtually every industry including industrial finance, energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, foods, and environmental business. MC's current activities are expanding far beyond its traditional trading operations as its diverse business ranges from natural resources development to investment in retail business, infrastructure, financial products and manufacturing of industrial goods. With over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide and a network of over 500 group companies, MC employs a multinational workforce of nearly 60,000 people. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishicorp.com.
Mitsubishi Corporation Tel: +81-3-3210-2171 Fax: +81-3-5252-7705
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Provider ID: 00027147