EIFFAGE - Half-year trading statement to 30 June 2013
PR Newswire/Les Echos/
26 July 2013
HALF-YEAR TRADING STATEMENT TO 30 JUNE 2013
- Sales in the second quarter of 2013 increased by 1.3%; slight decline of 1.3% in the first half of 2013.
- Activity was strong for the Concessions division, while reservations at the Property Development activity reached a historical level in France, and the Bretagne-Pays de la Loire (BPL) high-speed rail line project is ramping up.
- The order book reached EUR12.5bn representing about 13 months of activity for the Contracting activities.
- Confirmation of the sales guidance, which remains for sales of EUR14.2bn in 2013.
1 - SALES FOR THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2013
In millions of euro 2nd quarter 2nd quarter % change
2012 2013 CONSTRUCTION 995 941 -5.4% Of which Property 143 148 PUBLIC WORKS 1,016 1,102 +8.5% ENERGY 780 799 +2.4% METAL 245 233 -9.0% ____________ _______________ ______________ Sub-total Contracting Activities 3,037 3,065 +0.9% CONCESSIONS (excluding IFRIC 12) 538 556 +3.3% TOTAL GROUP (excluding IFRIC 12) 3,575 3,621 +1.3% Construction revenue of Concessions (IFRIC 12) 55 70 n/m 2 - SALES FOR THE FIRST HALF OF 2013 1st half 1st half % change
2012 2013 In millions of euro Reported Like-for-like
CONSTRUCTION 1,840 1,696 -7.8% -6.5% Of which Property 258 257
PUBLIC WORKS 1,764 1,806 +2.4% +1.3%
ENERGY 1,542 1,550 +0.5% -1.3%
METAL 427 401 -6.1% -6.3%
__________ ________ _________ _________ Sub-total Contracting
Activities 5,573 5,453 -2.2% -2.5%
CONCESSIONS (excluding IFRIC 12) 1,043 1,074 +3.0% +3.0%
TOTAL GROUP (excluding IFRIC 12)
Of which: 6,616 6,527 -1.3% -1.6% . France 5,638 5,554 -1.5% -1.8% . Rest of Europe 874 844 -3.4% -3.8% . Rest of world 104 129 +24.0% +24.0%
Construction revenue of Concessions (IFRIC 12) 78 114 n/m
3 - REVIEW OF ACTIVITY
Consolidated sales reported by EIFFAGE for the second quarter of 2013 came to more than EUR3.6bn, up by 1.3% year-on-year. Consolidated sales in the first half of 2013 came to EUR6.5bn, down by 1.3% year-on-year on a reported basis and by 1.6% like-for-like.
At the Contracting activities, sales declined to EUR5.5bn in the first half of 2013, down by 2.2% on a reported basis and by 2.5% like-for-like.
Construction: sales of EUR1,696m (down by 7.8% on a reported basis and by 6.5% like-for-like) - In France, EIFFAGE CONSTRUCTION recorded a strong level of activity in the Ile-de-France region, but proved more difficult conditions in the regions; sales are down by 10.2% to EUR1,367m, (- 8.9% like-for-like). Order intake was strong in the second quarter. At the Property business, the excellent reservation performances in the first quarter carried over into the second quarter, with a historical level of 1,800 reservations compared with 1,229 at 30 June 2012.
- In the rest of Europe, sales recovered strongly to EUR329m (up by 3.8% on a reported basis and by 4.8% like-for-like), notably in the Benelux.
Public Works: EUR 1,806m (up by 2.4% on a reported basis and by 1.3% like-for-like)
- In France, EIFFAGE TRAVAUX PUBLICS recorded a sharp 5.2% increase in sales to EUR1,522m, with the Bretagne-Pays de la Loire (BPL) high-speed rail line project ramping up, in line with the planning.
- In the rest of Europe (EUR213m, down by 17.1%), activity in Germany was stable in the second quarter, while there was another contraction in Spain, where the economic environment remains very unfavourable.
- In the rest of the world, sales generated in Senegal increased by 19.3%.
Energy: sales of EUR1,550m (up by 0.5% on a reported basis but down by 1.3% like-for-like)
- In France, sales inched lower to EUR1,268m (down by 0.5% on a reported basis and by 2.4% like-for-like), making up most of the shortfall recorded in the first quarter.
- In the rest of Europe, sales increased by 1.2%, buoyed in all countries where the division is present save for Spain, where there was a 16.6% decrease.
- In the rest of the world, sales increased to EUR27m, up by nearly 69%.
Metal: sales of EUR401m (down by 6.1% on a reported basis and by 6.3% like-for-like)
- In France (EUR325m, down by 7.9%), the decrease in sales was mainly due to Industrial Services and, to a lesser extent, to Metallic Construction, whereas Facades (GOYER) confirmed its strong growth.
- In the rest of Europe (EUR47m) stable on the whole, there was a 7.3% increase in Germany.
- In the rest of the world, sales increased by 7.4% to EUR29m.
In Concessions, total traffic on the APRR network, as measured by the number of kilometres travelled, increased by 0.2% in the first half of 2013 compared with the year before. Light vehicle traffic increased by 0.5%. Heavy goods vehicle traffic continues to decline but on a slightly improving trend (a 0.1% increase in the second quarter). Consolidated sales contributed by APRR increased to EUR1,001m, up by 1.9% from EUR983m in the first half of 2012.
Overall traffic on the Millau Viaduct reduced by 0.8% compared with the first half of 2012 (after a 2.0% decrease in the first quarter of 2013), with decreases of 0.7% for light vehicles and 2.0% for heavy goods vehicles. Revenues increased by 3.6% to EUR14.5m in the first half of 2013.
As regards the A65 Pau-Langon motorway operated by A'Liénor, overall traffic recorded another increase, up by 5.3%, with increases of 5.5% for light vehicles and of 3.2% for heavy goods vehicles. As a result, sales increased to EUR20.5m, up by 10.8% compared with the first half of 2012.
Overall traffic on the Avenir motorway in Senegal increased by 14.3%, with a 14.7% increase for light vehicles and a 2.0% decrease for heavy goods vehicles. Revenues amounted to EUR2m in the first half of 2013.
Other Concessions and Public Private Partnerships generated sales of EUR35m in the first half of 2013 compared with EUR26m in the first half of 2012 largely attributable to the activities of the Grand Stade de Lille Métropole and the Energy Efficiency Contract in the Centre region.
4 - PROSPECTS
The order book stood at EUR12.5bn on 1 July 2013. This represents a 2.5% increase compared with 1 January 2013 (a 7.7% decrease year-on-year) and remains equivalent to nearly 13 months of activity for the Contracting activities, supporting the 2013 sale guidance of EUR14.2bn. Results for the first half of 2013 will be sanctioned by the Board of Directors on 28 August 2013 and published after trading hours the same day.
Investor contact: Xavier Ombrédanne Eiffage - 163, Quai du Docteur Dervaux, 92601 Asnières-sur-Seine Cedex Tel: + 33 (0)1 41 32 81 44 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content and accuracy of news releases published on this site and/or distributed by PR Newswire or its partners are the sole responsibility of the originating company or organisation. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our services, such releases are not actively monitored or reviewed by PR Newswire or its partners and under no circumstances shall PR Newswire or its partners be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the use of such information. All information should be checked prior to publication.
-0- Jul/27/2013 10:37 GMT