Sustained growth in 2013 first half. Positive outlook.
PR Newswire/Les Echos/
Sustained growth in 2013 first half Positive outlook
Strong momentum since the beginning of the year remained on track in the second quarter. Sales excluding Burberry fragrances reached EUR55 million, up 11.8% from the same period in 2012. With the sale of remaining inventory of components and finished products to Burberry, 2013 second-quarter sales amounted to EUR70.7 million.
For the first six months, sales excluding Burberry fragrances came to nearly EUR120 million, up 13.3% from the 2012 first half. Total revenue for the period reached EUR218.5 million.
2nd quarter 1st half Change EURm 2012 2013 2012 2013 13/12
Lanvin 13.8 15.4 29.5 33.8 +15 % Montblanc 11.0 12.9 22.0 28.2 +28 % Jimmy Choo 6.9 9.5 18.7 27.2 +45 % Van Cleef & Arpels 4.3 5.7 9.5 9.8 +3 % Boucheron 5.6 3.2 9.9 6.0 -39 % S.T. Dupont 5.2 2.8 8.7 5.9 -32 % Paul Smith 2.3 1.7 5.2 4.3 -18 % Repetto - 2.2 - 2.2 ns Burberry 49.0 15.8 103.3 98.9 ns Other 0.1 1.3 2.1 2.3 ns Total 98.1 70.7 208.9 218.5 +5 % Total excl. Burberry 49.1 54.9 105.6 119.7 +13 %
ns : not significant.
Half-year highlights by brand
* With sales of nearly EUR34 million, Lanvin fragrances maintained double-digit growth (+15%) from continuing gains of the Éclat d'Arpège (+17%) line and the spring launch of the Lanvin Meline;
* Montblanc fragrances continued its growth momentum (+28%) based on the broad-based and sustained success of Montblanc Legend launched in 2011 and now the Group's top-selling line;
* The Flash line, the second initiative under the Jimmy Choo brand launched in early 2013, accelerated the pace of sales, leading to very strong growth (+45%);
* The launch of the Rêve line and steady performances by the First and Collection Extraordinaire lines contributed to renewed growth by Van Cleef & Arpels fragrances with sales of nearly EUR10 million for the period;
* With no major initiatives in the period, and pending the launch of the Place Vendôme line planned for the fall, Boucheron fragrances had sales of EUR6 million. This included an unfavorable comparison base from the reintroduction of the brand's classic lines in the 2012 first half;
* Repetto fragrances started commercial operations by setting the stage in late June for the first women's fragrance line built around the universe of dance. Initial results for July both in the French market and the duty-free segment have been excellent. The international launch is scheduled for September.
Half-year highlights by region
While the brand portfolio's geographical mix excluding Burberry remained balanced, growth in the period was particularly strong in Asia (above 30%) driven by Lanvin, Jimmy Choo and Montblanc fragrances and in Western Europe (above 20%) by Montblanc and Jimmy Choo fragrances.
Paris, July 24, 2013
Philippe Benacin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer commented: "The 2013 first half ended with a very positive performance of the Group's continuing brands, driven in particular by the successful launch of Jimmy Choo Flash, accelerating momentum by Montblanc Legend and favorable market responses to the lines Me of Lanvin and Rêve of Van Cleef & Arpels, in addition to higher-than-expected sales from the discontinued Burberry license. On that basis, we have raised our full-year guidance for 2013 sales to EUR320 million. Furthermore, in light of these performances, operating profit is expected to significantly exceed initial targets for the first six months. A large portion of the first half profit is expected to be reinvested in the second half to bolster support for the Repetto and Boucheron launches and the continued worldwide development of the Lanvin, Jimmy Choo and Montblanc brands".
Philippe Santi, Executive Vice President, added: "Earnings expected from the 2013 first half will enable us to increase spending, particularly on advertising, to accelerate sales growth over the medium term, and will result in intentionally lower margins in the second half. For the full year, the operating margin should come in higher than the latest estimates at more than 12% ".
Upcoming events 2013 first-half results
September 10, 2013
(before the opening of NYSE-Euronext Paris)
Shareholder information Interparfums Investor Relations and Analysts Contact Tel.: +33 1 53 77 00 99 Philippe Santi +33 1 53 77 00 00
firstname.lastname@example.org Media relations Cyril Levy-Pey +33 6 08 46 41 41 email@example.com www.interparfums.fr Codes: Reuters IPAR.PA, Bloomberg ITP, ISIN FR0004024222-ITP Indices: CAC Mid & Small
The content and accuracy of news releases published on this site and/or distributed by PR Newswire or its partners are the sole responsibility of the originating company or organisation. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our services, such releases are not actively monitored or reviewed by PR Newswire or its partners and under no circumstances shall PR Newswire or its partners be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the use of such information. All information should be checked prior to publication.
-0- Jul/24/2013 08:10 GMT