NEC and Nippon Express form Strategic Partnership to Strengthen
NEC and Nippon Express form Strategic Partnership to Strengthen Global Logistics Services
- NEC Logistics to become joint venture of NEC and Nippon Express -
Tokyo, Mar 27, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - NEC Corporation (NEC; TSE: 6701) and Nippon Express Co., Ltd. (Nippon Express; TSE: 9062) have reached an agreement to form a strategic partnership in order to strengthen their global logistics business. As part of this partnership, NEC will transfer a portion of its shares in NEC Logistics, Ltd. (NECL) to Nippon Express and a contract will be concluded for the joint management of NECL.
NEC is a leading provider of solutions in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) field, Nippon Express boasts a sophisticated global logistics network and NECL possesses advanced know-how of logistics in the ICT field. Each company aims to capitalize on these strengths in order to drive the advancement of NECL's business throughout the world.
The NEC Group will expand the base of its global supply chain by integrating NEC's logistics partnership with NECL and leveraging the logistics network of Nippon Express.
The creation of a logistics platform for the ICT field will strengthen the management base of Nippon Express and expand the reach of its high-quality services.
- Investment Ratio in NEC Logistics (investment by stages)
NEC - Current: 100.0% 1st Round (October 2013): 51.0% 2nd Round (October 2014: 49.0%
Nippon Express - Current: 0.0% 1st Round (October 2013): 49.0% 2nd Round (October 2014: 51.0%
- NEC Logistics name change (following the first round of investment from Nippon Express)
Nittsu NEC Logistics, Ltd.
- NEC Logistics overview (current)
1) Name: NEC Logistics, Ltd. 2) Address: 1-403, Kosugi-cho, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa, 211-0063, Japan 3) Representative: Naoki Yoshimura, President 4) Business: Third-party logistics services Logistics consulting services Transportation and delivery services International transportation services (air and sea) Customs clearance services Air cargo sales agent Warehousing services Other related services 5) Capital: 380 million JPY (100% NEC investment) 6) Established: February 28, 1972 7) Employees: 2,115 as of December 2012 (consolidated) 8) Sales: 62.78 billion JPY (consolidated fiscal year ended March 31, 2012)
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation (TSE: 6701) is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company's experience and global resources, NEC's advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com.
Takehiko Kato NEC Corporation +81-3-3798-6511 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Naoki Seto Nippon Express Co., Ltd +81-3-6251-1454 E-Mail: email@example.com
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Provider ID: 00026520