MMC Norilsk Nickel : Shareholders of MMC Norilsk Nickel elected new Board of
March 11, 2013, Moscow - Shareholders of OJSC MMC Norilsk Nickel (hereinafter
- MMC Norilsk Nickel or the Company) have voted in favor of early termination
of powers of the Company's Board of Directors and elected a new Board of
Directors in the course of today's Extraordinary General Meeting of the
Company's Shareholders (hereinafter EGM).
The following members have been voted in as a result of the EGM:
· Enos Ned Banda, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, FREETEL Capital
· Sergey Barbashev, General Director, Chairman of the Managing Board,
CJSC INTERROS Holding Company;
· Alexey Bashkirov, Executive Director for Investments and Asset
Management of CJSC INTERROS Holding Company;
· Sergey Bratukhin, President, CIS Investment Advisers, LLC;
· Andrey Bougrov, Deputy General Director, Member of the Managing
Board of CJSC INTERROS Holding Company;
· Marianna Zakharova, Deputy General Director for Legal Issues, Member
of the Managing Board, CJSC INTERROS Holding Company;
· Valeriy Matvienko, Director, Alumina Division East, CJSC RUSAL
Global Management B.V.;
· Stalbek Mishakov, Adviser to General Director, CJSC RUSAL Global
· Gareth Penny, Executive Chairman of the Board, New World Resources
· Gerhardus Prinsloo, Director, majority owner of Natural Resource
· Maxim Sokov, Director for Strategic Investments Management, CJSC
RUSAL Global Management B.V.;
· Vladislav Solovyev, First Deputy CEO, CJSC RUSAL Global Management
· Sergey Chemezov, CEO of RosTec Corporation, State Development,
Production and Export Facilitation of Advanced Industrial Products Company.
The first meeting of the newly elected Board followed the EGM. The Directors
jointly appointed Gareth Penny as Chairman of the Board of Directors, Andrey
Bougrov was elected as Deputy Charman of the Board. There were also appointed
chairpersons of the Board Committees: Gerhardus Prinsloo, Maxim Sokov, Sergey
Bratukhin, and Alexey Bashkirov will chair the Audit Committee, the Strategy
Committee, the Corporate Governance, Nomination and Remuneration Committee and
the Budget Committee respectively.
Gareth Penny outlined: "The newly elected Board of Directors of Norilsk Nickel
includes 5 independent non-executive directors out of 13 Members. The position
of the Chairman of the Board is now occupied by an independent Director. Such
number of independent directors guarantees that the decisions of the Board
will be impartial and will serve the interests of all shareholders of the
Company. I believe that MMC Norilsk Nickel has a great potential for
development. The settlement of a dispute between major shareholders should
provide the Company with a solid platform for further improvement of
strategic, operational and corporate governance issues. We as the Board
members will do our best to ensure stability of the Company's operations and
increase its long-term value for shareholders."
For further information, please, contact:
Media Relations: Investor Relations:
Phone: +7 (495) 797 82 94 Phone: +7 (495) 786 83 20
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
ABOUT MMC NORILSK NICKEL:
MMC Norilsk Nickel, a company incorporated under the laws of the Russian
Federation, is the largest diversified mining and metals company in Russia,
the world's largest producer of nickel and palladium and one of the world's
largest producers of platinum, rhodium, copper and cobalt. In addition to
this, MMC Norilsk Nickel produces a large number of other by-products,
including gold, silver, tellurium, selenium, iridium and ruthenium.
The key production units of the Company's group in Russia are at the Polar and
Kola Peninsulas. MMC Norilsk Nickel international assets include operations in
Finland, Australia, Botswana and South Africa.
MMC Norilsk Nickel's shares are traded on the Moscow Exchange. ADR's on the
Company's shares are traded on the other the counter market in the US and on
the London and Berlin stock exchanges.
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other
applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of
information contained therein.
Source: MMC Norilsk Nickel via Thomson Reuters ONE
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.