Two New Concept Vehicles Reveal Future Direction for Mitsubishi Motors at the
2013 Geneva International Motor Show
- Vision for future embodied by diesel-hybrid pickup and next-generation
all-electric compact -
Tokyo, Mar 5, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC)
unveiled the MITSUBISHI Concept GR-HEV(1) and the MITSUBISHI Concept CA-MiEV(2)
concept models at the 83rd Geneva International Motor Show(3) today. In
addition to the world debut of these two concept models, which embody
MMC's unique next-generation advanced technology known as @earth
TECHNOLOGY, MMC will put on display a total of 15 models (nine on press day),
including the Space Star (Mirage in other markets), which launched in European
markets this February, as well as the Outlander PHEV, which is scheduled for
sequential release starting this July.
With the theme of driving pleasure towards a sustainable future for everyone,
MMC has pushed ahead on automobile manufacturing that aims to contribute to
environmental responsibility, deliver driving pleasure, and provide toughness
and safety, under MMC's tagline Drive@earth. @earth TECHNOLOGY expresses
MMC's next-generation advanced technologies that achieve the intent behind
These technologies include:
- MMC's electric vehicle (EV)(4) technology
- Technologies to reduce fuel consumption (high-fuel efficiency gasoline
engines, "clean diesel")
- MMC's traditional 4WD technology and integrated vehicle dynamics
- S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control, which provides a balance between driving
stability and ultimate driving pleasure)
- RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) enhanced collision-safety body,
- Advanced preventative safety technologies such as ACC, FCM, LDW(5).
All provide support for safe and comfortable driving. MMC will use @earth
TECHNOLOGY tagline around the world.
The MITSUBISHI Concept GR-HEV and the MITSUBISHI Concept CA-MiEV, which will
be presented at the Geneva International Motor Show, represent the embodiment
of @earth TECHNOLOGY.
The complete press release with notes is available on
(1) GR: Grand Runner. Represents powerful driving through grand and
magnificent lands with advanced technology.
(2) CA: Compact and Advanced technology - the combination of advanced EV
technology and next-generation compact packaging.
(3) For more information, please visit www.salon-auto.ch/en/ (English).
(4) Including plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) and other
(5) ACC: Adaptive: Cruise Control System, which enables the maintenance of a
safe distance from the preceding vehicle even when traffic is congested; FCM:
Forward Collision Mitigation System, which provides support for mitigating
damage or avoiding collisions through the automatic braking, enabled when the
distance with the preceding car shrinks suddenly; LDW: Lane Departure Warning
System, which draws the attention of the driver through an alarm when the
vehicle appears to be deviating from its lane while driving.
MMC has set up a dedicated website that provides information regarding MMC and
the Geneva International Motor Show:
About Mitsubishi Motors
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (TSE: 7211) was established in 1970 and is one
of the few automobile companies in the world that produces a full line of
automotive products ranging from 660-cc mini cars and passenger cars to
commercial vehicles and heavy-duty trucks and buses. The company also operates
consumer financing services and provides this to its customer base. For more
information, please visit www.mitsubishi-motors.com.
Public Relations Department
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Provider ID: 00026374
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.