Capita plc: Capita awarded extended Civil Service training contract
Capita plc: Capita awarded extended Civil Service training contract 28 February 2013
Capita awarded extended contract for Civil Service training
Capita plc today announces that the Cabinet Office has extended its contract to exclusively manage the provision of training across the Civil Service for a further two years from February 2014 to the end of March 2016. Capita anticipates that it will generate revenues of at least £30m per annum over the two year extension.
The initial 11 months of the contract has seen Capita directly deliver 41% of training with the remaining 59% procured on the open market compared to the 49/ 51 contractual obligation. The contract was also targeted to broaden the involvement of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) across Government and to date the majority (72%) of open market training delivered has been by SMEs.
Paul Pindar, Capita plc chief executive said: "In the current contract's first 11 months it generated significant savings for Civil Service departments. More than half of all courses were procured on the open market, nearly three quarters from small and medium (SME) training providers. The extended contract will enable a wider range of public sector organisations to access quality learning and development services, which provide value for money and support the delivery of excellent public service, from June onwards. Combining innovative, blended learning solutions, including face to face, online and specialist courses, managed by Capita, the public sector can look forward to a substantially more efficient process for procuring learning services."
Jerry Arnott, Director of Civil Service Learning, said: "The move to a common curriculum of learning, focused around business needs, is a key part of the Civil Service Reform plan which is creating a stronger, more unified Civil Service, equipped to deal with the challenges ahead. Over 320,000 individual civil servants are already using the new service to help them develop the skills they need - and more are coming online every day. Evaluation results are excellent with 96% of learners who attend a classroom event agreeing that it met the published objectives and 91% saying they have already put the learning into action in their work."
For further information:
Capita plc Tel: 020 7654 2306 Shona Nichols, Corporate Communications Director
Media enquiries Capita press office Caroline Mooney Tel: 0207 654 2152 or 020 7654 2399 (out of hours)
Notes to editors
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of BPO and integrated professional support service solutions. With around 45,000 employees at more than 350 sites, including 64 business centres across the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and India, the Group uses its expertise, infrastructure and scale benefits to transform its clients' services, driving down costs and adding value. Capita is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (CPI.L), and is a constituent of the FTSE100 with revenues for 2010 of £2,744 million. Further information on Capita plc can be found at: http://www.capita.co.uk
-0- Feb/28/2013 07:00 GMT