Electrolux: Consolidated Results 2012
STOCKHOLM -- February 1, 2013
Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2012
· Net sales amounted to SEK 29,185m (28,369) and income for the period was SEK
292m (221), or SEK 1.02 (0.77) per share.
· Net sales improved by 2.9%, of which 7.5% was organic growth and –4.6%
changes in exchange rates.
· Strong volume growth, price increases and mix improvements in Latin America
and North America contributed to the positive trend in net sales.
· Market conditions in Europe continued to weaken and Major Appliances, Small
Appliances and Professional Products, were negatively impacted.
· Operations in Latin America showed record earnings.
· North America showed strong earnings growth despite extra costs from plant
restructuring and for entering new distribution channels.
· Lower volumes and a weak price/mix development in Europe had a negative
impact on results.
· Measures to improve manufacturing footprint were initiated and SEK 1,032m
was charged to operating income within items affecting comparability, as
· The Board proposes a dividend for 2012 of SEK 6.50 (6.50) per share.
Telephone conference A telephone conference is held at 15.00 CET on February
1, 2013. The conference is chaired by Keith McLoughlin, President and CEO of
Electrolux. Mr. McLoughlin is accompanied by Tomas Eliasson, CFO, and Peter
Nyquist, SVP Investor Relations and Financial Information.
A slide presentation on the fourth-quarter results and full-year of 2012 will
be available on the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at
Financial information from Electrolux is available at www.electrolux.com/ir
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
Peter Nyquist, Senior Vice President
Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information
+46 (0)8 738 60 03.
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.