Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE) to Announce Major
New Financial Literacy Initiative for Students, Teachers and
Parents-Supported by BMO Financial Group
- Program to be launched in schools in metropolitan areas of Toronto
and Montreal - expanding across Canada over the next three years
- CFEE launch to be attended by Minister of State Ted Menzies and
Toronto area school officials
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- On January 24th,
2013, Sprucecourt Public School in downtown Toronto will be hosting
the launch of an important new financial literacy program that will
help young Canadians learn more about money and personal finances.
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education's (CFEE) new program,
sponsored by BMO Financial Group, is a fun and interactive program
for kids, parents and teachers designed to take the stress out of
"Having the Money Talk".
Minister of State (Finance) Ted Menzies, officials from the Toronto
District School Board, representatives of teachers' associations and
executives from BMO Financial Group will join CFEE and Sprucecourt
Public School staff, teachers and students in launching the program.
The launch will be an interactive event with brief remarks and
engagement with students, teachers and parents.
What: The launch of CFEE's new financial literacy initiative for Canadian
students, teachers and parents
- Minister of State (Finance) Hon. Ted Menzies, PC, MP;
- Students, teachers and staff at Sprucecourt Public School;
- Toronto School Board Superintendent of Education (WR9 Family of
Schools) Beth Butcher;
- (teacher association representatives TBC);
- CFEE President and CEO Gary Rabbior;
- Chairman of BMO Nesbitt Burns and Vice-Chair of the Task Force on
Financial Literacy, L. Jacques Menard, C.C., O.Q.
When: Thursday January 24th, 2013
9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET
Where: Sprucecourt Public School
70 Spruce Street, Toronto M5A 2J1
Why: To kick off a new, highly interactive financial literacy program
that will facilitate "Having The Money Talk" between young
Canadians, their teachers and families about money and personal
CFEE Media Contacts:
(905) 726-3438 or Cell: (416) 893-8772
BMO Financial Group Media Contacts:
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.