ROLLS-ROYCE HOLDINGS PLC: Rolls-Royce Announces The Appointment Of Lord Gold
10 January 2013
ROLLS-ROYCE ANNOUNCES THE APPOINTMENT OF LORD GOLD
Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, today announced the appointment
of Lord Gold to lead a review of its compliance procedures, reporting to the
Ethics Committee of the Board. This follows the previous announcement by
Rolls-Royce that it has provided information to the Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
relating to concerns about bribery and corruption involving intermediaries in
Lord Gold was a solicitor at Herbert Smith for 37 years, serving as its senior
partner between 2005 and 2010. He is one of the UK's most senior litigators and
has extensive experience working at the highest levels with corporations,
governments and regulators around the world.
Notes to Editors:
1. Rolls-Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services for
use on land, at sea and in the air, and has established a strong position in
global markets - civil aerospace, defence aerospace, marine and energy.
2. As a result of this strategy, Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base
comprising more than 500 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and
helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 4,000 marine customers,
including 70 navies, and energy customers in more than 80 countries.
3. Annual underlying revenue was £11.3 billion in 2011, of which more than
came from the provision of services. The firm and announced order book stood at
£60.1 billion at 30 June 2012, providing visibility of future levels of
4. Rolls-Royce employs over 40,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service
facilities in over 50 countries. Over 11,000 of these employees are engineers.
5. In 2011, Rolls-Royce invested £908 million on research and development, two
thirds of which had the objective of further improving the environmental
performance of its products, in particular reducing emissions.
6. Rolls-Royce supports a global network of 28 University Technology Centres,
which connect the company's engineers with the forefront of scientific
7. The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and
to further developing employee skills.
For further information, please contact:
Director - Investor Relations
Tel: +44 (0)20 7227 9237
Director of External Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7227 9163
-0- Jan/10/2013 07:00 GMT
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.