SBM Offshore N.V. : SBM Offshore Press Release
SBM Offshore to write off book value of Yme platform and take settlement
9.95% equity placement with HAL Investments to restore the balance sheet
Subject to settlement with Talisman regarding Yme, a fully underwritten rights
20 December 2012
SBM Offshore announces revised expectations for the outcome of the Yme project
together with associated provisions, and further announces the anticipated
commitment of HAL Investments, a current shareholder, to provide and
underwrite fresh equity to support the business.
· US$ 400 million impairment charge to reflect full write down of full
book value of Yme platform
· US$ 200 million provision for SBM Offshore's estimate of settlement
· US$ 29 million charge for additional costs related to Deep Panuke
· A 9.95% private placement with HAL Investments B.V. ("HAL") at €
8.50 per ordinary share raising US$ 193 million to ensure that banking
covenants are met.
· In addition, subject to the Company reaching a settlement with
Talisman in respect of the Yme project within an agreed period:
- HAL to pay an additional sum to reflect a higher valuation for the
aforementioned private placement shares;
- HAL to underwrite in full an approximate 10% rights offering at the
final private placement price.
· Total impairments and other charges to result in a 2012 estimated
Net Loss of approx US$ 100 million
· Estimated 2012 turnover of around US$ 3.6 billion; no further change
· Publication of 2012 results brought forward to 14 February 2013
· Management Board proposes not to distribute a dividend for 2012 and
Bruno Chabas, CEO of SBM Offshore said:
"We welcome the support of HAL in the important steps we are announcing today.
The capital raised through the placement will allow us to restore our balance
sheet. HAL has indicated its endorsement of the Management Board's long term
vision for SBM Offshore and its strategic direction.
Defining the way forward for Yme has been lengthy and arduous. However, we
have made significant progress and are now able to take the tough decision to
fully impair the full book value of the platform and provide for settlement
costs. In the weeks ahead, we aim to move forward from alignment with our
client on the targeted outcome, to the practical steps of an agreement."
For further information, please contact:
Sebastiaan de Ronde Bresser
Investor Relations Officer
Telephone: (+377) 92 05 85 15
Mobile: (+33) 643 919 312
Group Communications Director
Telephone: (+377) 92 05 30 83
Mobile: (+377) 680 863 691
To see the full version of this press release please click on the link below:
SBM Offshore Press Release
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other
applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of
information contained therein.
Source: SBM Offshore N.V. via Thomson Reuters ONE
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.