Hays Quarterly Report: Japan Job Seekers Looking for Career Adva
Hays Quarterly Report: Japan Job Seekers Looking for Career Advancement
Tokyo, Oct 16, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Job seekers in Japan remain cautious, and seek opportunities to rapidly advance when considering a job change, according to Hays Specialist Recruitment Japan KK ("Hays").
Hays Quarterly Report, released this week, covers recruiting and hiring trends for the October to December 2012 quarter, and shows that candidates are willing to consider a job change but focus on promotion and advancement.
"Candidates are looking for career development, and those with good English language skills and limited family ties are even willing to relocate for the right opportunity," says Hays Operations Director, Asia, Christine Wright. "That's why hiring managers need to promote the career path they offer in order to attract the top talent."
The Report also found that many employers are planning strategic hiring before the end of the calendar year.
"Given cost pressures, many businesses are maintaining their staffing levels and simply replacing staff when they leave, rather than adding to their headcount," says Christine. "However, many hiring managers are keen to recruit and the challenge is getting the approvals."
Recruitment is expected to pick up in the pharmaceuticals and renewable energy job market, with new projects soon to come under way, according to the Report.
"Candidates will need to be prepared to apply as soon as they hear about roles, while understanding that the process to an end hire can take time."
The Report also notes a widening gap in expectations between employer and candidate regarding pay and skill sets.
"Some employers are making offers to candidates at less than the current market rate. But the top talent will not be attracted to roles offering below industry-standard salaries. That's why we advise employers to research current salary levels when recruiting for highly sought after candidates, such as by consulting the Hays Salary Guide.
"The same can be said for temporary assignments, where a low temporary staffing budget will not attract high-calibre candidates."
According to the Hays Quarterly Report for October to December 2012, demand is highest for the following skilled professionals:
- Hays Accountancy & Finance Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) staff, FP&A Managers, Accountants, Financial Controllers in small to mid-sized companies and Finance Managers in mid-sized companies;
- Hays Banking Compliance Officers (advisory, central and control room), Corporate Credit Risk Managers, Corporate Banking Relationship Managers, Institutional or Distribution Salespeople, Asset Managers (financial institution and pension), mutual fund wholesale staff and bilingual Middle Office Specialists with three to seven years experience;
- Hays Finance Technology IT risk, compliance and audit, Front Office Applications candidates, Network Engineers, System Engineers and Architects;
- Hays Human Resources HR Managers, Compensation and Benefits Managers, Recruiting Managers, HR Directors, and Learning and Development Managers;
- Hays Information Technology Enterprise Resource Planning Consultants, IT Business Analysts, Technical Account Managers, Project Managers, Server Engineers, Helpdesk Engineers, Web Developers and Mobile Applications Developers;
- Hays Insurance Sales staff, Claim Adjusters, Operations candidates, Underwriters and Actuarial professionals;
- Hays Legal Energy and Major Projects Lawyers, Legal Counsels, Legal Managers, bi-lingual Legal Managers, Legal Contract Managers with five or more years experience, Compliance Managers, Legal Contract Associates, Japanese-qualified Lawyers for in-house counsel positions, and Trademark and Copyright Lawyers;
- Hays Office Professionals Executive Secretaries, Group Assistants and Translators in industries such as IT, gaming and medical;
- Hays Life Sciences Clinical Research Associates, Medical Science Liaisons, Regulatory Affairs candidates, Quality Assurance staff, Pharmacovigilance staff and Medical Device Salespeople;
- Hays Property In-house Corporate Real Estate Managers, Outsourced Facility Managers and Project Managers, both in CRE teams and for project management departments;
- Hays Sales & Marketing High touch sales telecom staff, salespeople, Account Managers, Channel Managers, Business Development Managers, Marketing Managers, PR professionals (English speakers preferred) and temporary Event and PR Coordinators;
- Hays Supply Chain Direct Procurement Managers, DC/WH management, Inventory Planners and Indirect Procurement Managers and Specialists.
To view the full Quarterly Report, please go to www.hays.co.jp/report
Hays, the world's leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. It is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Japan KK ("Hays") is the largest foreign recruitment company in Japan and operates across the private sector, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. Hays has been in Japan for more than a decade, and boasts a track record of success and growth.
Hays is the only foreign recruitment company in Japan to operate specialist business units composed of professionals with experience and expertise in the sectors they cover. Hays Japan's thirteen specialisms span Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Finance Technology, Human Resources, Hays Resource Management, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Life Sciences, Office Professionals, Property, Sales & Marketing and Supply Chain.
Hays is also the only foreign recruitment company in Japan to operate three local offices, serving the Kanto region from Akasaka and Shinjuku, and Kansai from central Osaka.
Hays Japan is the local representative office for Hays plc, which is a global company with more than 7,800 staff operating from 245 offices across 33 countries.
Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.
Keiko Asakura Hays Japan Marketing Manager +81 3 3560 2813 Keiko.Asakura@hays.co.jp
Copyright 2012 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Provider ID: 00011099