Aviva PLC (AV.) - Directorate Change
RNS Number : 4822N
01 October 2012
1 October 2012
Aviva plc ("Aviva" or "the Company") announces that Mary Francis, an
independent non-executive director, has decided to step down from the Board
and as a member of the Audit, Nomination and Risk Committees with effect from
3 October 2012.
Mary Francis joined the Aviva Board in 2005 and is also the senior independent
director of Centrica plc. She has recently been proposed for election to the
Board of the Swiss Re Group.
Commenting on Mary Francis' retirement, John McFarlane, Chairman of Aviva
said: "I would like to thank Mary for her valued service to the Company over
the past seven years and her significant contribution to the Board and the
Audit, Nomination and Risk Committees. Mary's broad experience, financial
knowledge and business acumen has greatly benefitted the Company and on behalf
of the Board I wish her well for the future."
This announcement is made pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.11.
+44 (0)20 7662 8221
Notes to editors:
· Mary Francis was appointed to the Board in October 2005. She is
currently the senior independent director of Centrica plc, a senior adviser to
Chatham House and Chair of Governors, James Allen's Girls' School.
· Aviva provides 43 million customers with insurance, savings and
· We are the UK's largest insurer and one of Europe's leading providers
of life and general insurance.
· We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset
management businesses under one powerful brand.
· We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a
stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to
society, and for which our people are proud to work.
· The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company
and product information and a news release archive
· Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
BOAGMGZLFRRGZZM -0- Oct/01/2012 06:00 GMT
Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.