FIRSTGROUP PLC: Holding(s) in Company
TR-1 (i) NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTERESTS IN SHARES
1. Identity of the issuer or the underlying issuer of existing shares to which voting rights are attached:
2. Reason for the notification State
An acquisition or disposal of voting rights
An acquisition or disposal of financial instruments which may result in the acquisition of shares already issued to which voting rights are attached
An acquisition or disposal of instruments with similar economic effect to qualifying financial instruments
An event changing the breakdown of voting rights
Other (please specify): Due to a company reorganisation, Capital Yes Research and Management Company ("CRMC") and Capital Group International, Inc. ("CGII") will no longer report relevant holdings under management separately. Instead the relevant holdings under management by CRMC and CGII will be reported in aggregate by The Capital Group Companies, Inc. ("CGC"). It is solely for this reason (and not as a result of any additional acquisition or disposal) that CGC is reporting this aggregated holding.
3. Full name of person(s) subject to the notification The Capital Group obligation (iii):
4. Full name of shareholder(s) (if different from 3.) See Schedule A (iv):
5. Date of the transaction (and date on which the 3 September 2012 threshold is crossed or reached if different) (v):
6. Date on which issuer notified: 5 September 2012
7. Threshold(s) that is/are crossed or reached: Above 3%
8. Notified details:
A: Voting rights attached to shares
Class/type Situation Resulting situation of shares previous to the after the triggering if possible Triggering transaction using the transaction ISIN CODE
Number Number Number Number of voting % of voting of of of rights rights Shares Voting shares Rights Direct Indirect Direct Indirect Direct Indirect
Ordinary 16,001,494 16,001,494 16,001,494 16,001,494 3.321%
American 375,691 375,691 375,691 375,691 0.078%
B: Financial Instruments
Resulting situation after the triggering transaction
Type of Expiration Exercise/ Number of voting % of voting financial date Conversion rights that may be rights instrument Period/ Date acquired if the
instrument is exercised/ converted N/A C: Financial Instruments with similar economic effect to Qualifying Financial Instruments Resulting situation after triggering transaction Type of Exercise Expiration Exercise/ Number of % of voting financial date Conversion voting rights instrument price Period/ rights that Date may be acquired if the instrument is exercised/ converted N/A Nominal Delta Total (A+B+C)
Number of voting rights % of voting rights
9. Chain of controlled undertakings through which the voting rights and/or the financial instruments are effectively held, if applicable:
Schedule A Number Percent of
of Shares Outstanding
The Capital Group Companies, Inc. ("CG") 16,377,185 3.399% holdings
Holdings by CG Management Companies and Funds:
* Capital Guardian Trust Company 11,832,685 2.456%
* Capital International Limited 956,600 0.199%
* Capital International SArl 1,004,800 0.209%
* Capital International, Inc. 2,583,100 0.536%
10. Name of the proxy holder:
11. Number of voting rights proxy holder will cease to hold:
12. Date on which proxy holder will cease to hold voting rights:
13. Additional information:
14. Contact name:
15. Contact telephone number:
Annex Notification Of Major Interests In Shares (xvi)
A: Identity of the person or legal entity subject to the notification obligation
Full name (including legal form for The Capital Group legal entities)
Contact address (registered office for 333 South Hope Street, 55th legal entities) Floor, Los Angeles,
Phone number (213) 615-0469
Other useful information (at least legal representative for legal persons)
B: Identity of the notifier, if applicable (xvii)
Full name Gina Martinez
Contact address 333 South Hope Street, 55th
Floor, Los Angeles, California 90071
Phone number (213) 615 0469
Other useful information (e.g. functional Fax: (213) 615-4056 relationship with the person or legal entity subject to the notification obligation)
C: Additional information
Due to a company reorganisation, Capital Research and Management Company ("CRMC") and Capital Group International, Inc. ("CGII") will no longer report relevant holdings under management separately. With effect from 1 September 2012, the holdings under management of CRMC and CGII will be reported in aggregate by the group's parent company, The Capital Group Companies, Inc.
i. This form is to be sent to the issuer or underlying issuer and to be filed with the competent authority.
ii. Either the full name of the legal entity or another method for identifying the issuer or underlying issuer, provided it is reliable and accurate.
iii. This should be the full name of (a) the shareholder; (b) the person acquiring, disposing of or exercising voting rights in the cases provided for in DTR5.2.1 (b) to (h); (c) all the parties to the agreement referred to in DTR5.2.1 (a), or (d) the direct or indirect holder of financial instruments entitled to acquire shares already issued to which voting rights are attached, as appropriate.
In relation to the transactions referred to in points DTR5.2.1 (b) to (h), the following list is provided as indication of the persons who should be mentioned:
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR5.2.1 (b), the person that acquires the voting rights and is entitled to exercise them under the agreement and the natural person or legal entity who is transferring temporarily for consideration the voting rights;
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR 5.2.1 (c), the person holding the collateral, provided the person or entity controls the voting rights and declares its intention of exercising them, and person lodging the collateral under these conditions;
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR5.2.1(d), the person who has a life interest in shares if that person is entitled to exercise the voting rights attached to the shares and the person who is disposing of the voting rights when the life interest is created;
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR5.2.1 (e), the parent undertaking and, provided it has a notification duty at an individual level under DTR 5.1, under DTR5.2.1 (a) to (d) or under a combination of any of those situations, the controlled undertaking;
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR5.2.1 (f), the deposit taker of the shares, if he can exercise the voting rights attached to the shares deposited with him at his discretion, and the depositor of the shares allowing the deposit taker to exercise the voting rights at his discretion;
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR5.2.1 (g), the person that controls the voting rights;
- in the circumstances foreseen in DTR5.2.1 (h), the proxy holder, if he can exercise the voting rights at his discretion, and the shareholder who has given his proxy to the proxy holder allowing the latter to exercise the voting rights at his discretion.
iv. Applicable in the cases provided for in DTR 5.2.1 (b) to (h). This should be the full name of the shareholder or holder of financial instruments who is the counterparty to the natural person or legal entity referred to in DTR5.2.
v. The date of the transaction should normally be, in the case of an on exchange transaction, the date on which the matching of orders occurs; in the case of an off exchange transaction, date of the entering into an agreement.
The date on which threshold is crossed should normally be the date on which the acquisition, disposal or possibility to exercise voting rights takes effect (see DTR 5.1.1R (3)). For passive crossings, the date when the corporate event took effect. [DEL::DEL]
These dates will usually be the same unless the transaction is subject to a condition beyond the control of the parties.
vi. Please refer to the situation disclosed in the previous notification, In case the situation previous to the triggering transaction was below 3%, please state `below 3%'.
vii. If the holding has fallen below the minimum threshold , the notifying party should not be obliged to disclose the extent of the holding, only that the new holding is less than 3%.
For the case provided for in DTR5.2.1(a), there should be no disclosure of individual holdings per party to the agreement unless a party individually crosses or reaches an Article 9 threshold. This applies upon entering into, introducing changes to or terminating an agreement.
viii. Direct and indirect
ix In case of combined holdings of shares with voting rights attached `direct holding' and voting rights `indirect holdings', please split the voting rights number and percentage into the direct and indirect columns-if there is no combined holdings, please leave the relevant box blank.
x Voting rights attached to shares in respect of which the notifying party is a direct shareholder (DTR 5.1)
xi. Voting rights held by the notifying party as an indirect shareholder (DTR 5.2.1)
xii If the holding has fallen below the minimum threshold, the notifying party should not be obliged to disclose the extent of the holding, only that the new holding is below 3%.
xiii date of maturity / expiration of the finical instrument i.e. the date when the right to acquire shares ends.
xiv If the financial instrument has such a period-please specify the period-for example once every three months starting from the [date]
xv. The notification should include the name(s) of the controlled undertakings through which the voting rights are held. The notification should also include the amount of voting rights and the percentage held by each controlled undertaking, insofar as individually the controlled undertaking holds 3% or more, and insofar as the notification by the parent undertaking is intended to cover the notification obligations of the controlled undertaking.
xvi. This annex is only to be filed with the competent authority.
xvii. Whenever another person makes the notification on behalf of the shareholder or the natural person/legal entity referred to in DTR5.2 and DTR5.3.
-0- Sep/05/2012 15:02 GMT